Dr. Binoy Vadakke Nellissery
Paediatrics And Neonatology (Specialist Paediatrician)
Aster Hospital, Al Qusais
Paediatrics & Neonatology
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam
Education: MBBS, DCH, DNB (Paediatrics), Fellowship in Neonatology, MRCPCH(UK), FRCPCH(UK
Specialization: Paediatrics & Neonatology
DOH License Grade: Specialist Paediatrician and Neonatologist
Type of Physician: Fulltime
- 2021: FRCPCH from Royal college of Paediatric and child health,London UK
- 2016: MRCPCH from Royal College of Pediatrics and Child health, London UK
- 2012-2014: Fellowship in Neonatology, from Amrita Institute of medical science, Kochi, India.
- 2009-2011: DNB Pediatrics from Govt.Medical college, Kozhikode, Kerala, India.
- 2006 – 2008: DCH from Kasturba medical college, Manipal University, India.
- 1998 -2006: MBBS from Govt.Medical College, Kozhikode, India.
Professional Associations (Professional Registrations)
- Specialist Paediatrician and Specialist Neonatologist -DHA
- Travancore Cochin Medical Council – Reg: 33719
- Member of Royal college of physician and child health (MRCPCH)
- Fellow in Royal college of Physician and child health (FRCPCH)
- Indian medical association (IMA)
- Lecturer in the Department of Paediatrics and Neonatology at Calicut Medical College, India
- Senior Resident with experience in teaching undergraduates and postgraduates students at the Institute of Maternal and Child Health at the Govt. Medical College, Calicut, India.
- Worked at Neonatal Level 3 ICU at Amrita Institute of Medical Science ,Cochin
- Completed 2 years of Fellowship training under the mentorship of an American board certified Clinical Neonatologist ,who is presently the founding chair of paediatrics University of California.
- I was also involved in 2 research programme ,which was selected by paediatric academic society ,USA. This reasearch was later presented at PAS meeting ,Sandiego, USA.
- Consultant in Neonatology (Level 3 NICU) at the Santhi Hospital, Calicut, India.
- Neonatologist and paediatrician at Level 3 NICU at Aster Hospital,Dubai for last 7 years
- More than 15 years of experience in paediatrics and Nearly ten years of Exclusive Neonatal Experience till date.
- Active member of charitable organisations like of Aster volunteers and Child heart foundation(New Delhi).
- Member and Fellow of Royal college of physician and child health(United kingdom)
Recent Neonatal Experience at Aster Hospital
- Currently working in Dubai at Aster Hospital Al Qusais and Heading the Level NICU Teaching and training Doctors and Nurses.
- Care of extreme premature babies from 24 weeks of gestation.
- Good experience in Ventilation ,including Volume Targeted ventilation and High frequency oscillatory ventilation. Good knowledge about pulmonary graphics,blood gas analysis and its clinical application.
- Has special experience in managing Cases of severe PPHN, Pulmonary Hemorrhage and Bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- Experienced in performing Screening Echocardiography
- Routine echocardiogrphic assessment for PDA in extreme preterm Babies to decide on the management plan.
Experienced in procedures like Insertion of Central line ,PICC line, intercostal tube, Umbilical arterial catheter, Umbilical venous catheter and Echo guided pericardiocentesis.
- Conducted a pilot study on pharmacokinetics of ofloxacin in preterms , which got published in international Journel of pharmaceutical Research
- Two Research papers On Neonatal Sepsis and Pharmacokinetics were selected for presentation at Annual PAS meeting at San Diego, USA.
- Published an article on Fulminant COVID in neonate in EC paediatrics.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Children with developmental problems
- Recurrent infections and Nasal Allergies
- Poor growth
- Follow up of Preterm and high risk neonate
- Neurodevelopmental follow up
- Feeding problems in babies