Aster Integrated Liver Care
The Aster Integrated Liver Care (ILC) Program is an assorted range of expert-guided services for the comprehensive management of liver, biliary tract and pancreatic diseases in both adults and children. The ILC program that started in Dubai is also available in Aster Medcity, Kochi and Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore. Consultant Doctors from the ILC Team in India are now available at Aster Hospitals in Dubai. All consultants of the Aster ILC team are trained at some of the best hospitals in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and have a collective experience of over 5000 major hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeries and 2000 liver transplants.
The following services are available at our hospital as part of the Aster ILC Program:
- Management of adults suffering from Liver Diseases: Evaluation and management of patients with acute and chronic hepatitis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, fatty liver disease, liver disease symptoms, autoimmune liver disease, jaundice, cirrhosis, portal hypertension and liver failure.
- Management of children suffering from Liver Diseases: Evaluation and management of new borns, infants and children with jaundice and liver problems. We offer a complete metabolic work-up, genetic testing and liver biopsy.
- Assessment and treatment of patients suffering from cancer of the liver, gallbladder, bile duct and pancreas: Patients with suspected cancer of the liver, bile duct, gallbladder, pancreas, colon cancer with liver metastases, neuroendocrine tumours, cystic tumours of pancreas.
- Liver Surgeries including major liver resections (Hepatectomy): Our surgical team has a wide experience in complex resection surgeries for benign and malignant diseases of the liver such as liver cysts, liver cancer, liver cancer symptoms, bile duct cancers (Cholangiocarcinoma) and other liver tumours. Our surgeons also perform minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgery for liver resections.
- Complex Biliary tract and pancreatic surgeries: Our surgical team is experienced in surgeries for the biliary tract and pancreas. Pancreatic cancer surgery (Whipple Pancreatoduodenectomy), surgery for chronic pancreatitis (pancreatojejunostomy, Frey’s pancreatectomy), surgical removal of cystic tumours of pancreas, excision of choledochal cysts, and bile duct reconstructions are done by our experienced surgeons. Several of these procedures can also be done by laparoscopy also.
- Laparoscopic liver and pancreatic surgeries: Most complex liver and pancreatic surgeries are traditionally done by the open route in which the patient gets a long incision on the abdominal wall. It is now possible to perform several of these major surgeries by the minimally-invasive laparoscopic route using keyhole-sized incisions. This allows for faster recovery after surgery and less pain.
- Counselling and assessment for Liver Transplantation: Counselling and complete assessment of patients requiring liver transplantation is available at our centre. Complete evaluation of potential living donors can be done, including coordination with our transplant program in India for further evaluation, and listing for cadaveric transplantation. Patients not eligible for cadaveric transplantation (non-Indian Nationals) have the option to go to Aster Integrated Liver Care and Transplant Centres at either Aster Medcity Kochi or Aster CMI Hospital Bangalore in India.
- Post Liver Transplant Medical Care: We have transplant hepatologists in our team who provide post-transplant, long-term medical care of patients who have already undergone liver transplantation. Services also include management of rejection and metabolic problems after transplantation and coordination with our transplant program in India for specialized testing and medications.
- Liver Intensive Care (ICU) Service: Our intensive care unit is managed by intensivists experienced in managing liver patients. We take care of patients with acute liver failure and decompensated cirrhosis of the liver. The unit works in close coordination with our Liver Intensive Care Unit in India and follows common protocols. Visit Aster Hospital for a Gastroenterology Specialist in UAE
Endoscopy and ERCP for Bile duct and pancreatic problems: We offer ERCP for complex biliary and pancreatic cases as well as for post liver transplant biliary problems.
- Liver Imaging (CT scan, MRI and Liver Elastography/Fibro Scan): We have Liver Elastography or Fibro Scan, a test that can reveal any fibrosis or fatty deposits within the liver. It is a non-invasive, quick and simple test that works using ultrasound technology and gives an immediate result. Fibro scan is absolutely essential for patients suffering from fatty liver disease or any other form of chronic hepatitis. It helps the patient and doctor know exactly how much of the liver is damaged. It obviates the need for a liver biopsy in a majority of patients. Visit the Best Radiologist in Dubai for treatment.
- Interventional Radiology: The various Intervention Radiology Services provided in our Aster ILC program include image-guided percutaneous biopsies, trans-jugular liver biopsy, chemoembolization for liver cancers, Trans-jugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS procedure), trans-venous obliteration of varices, and portosystemic shunt embolization. Currently, Interventional Radiology services are available at our centres in India. We will soon be introducing these services in our hospital in Dubai.
- Liver Pathology: We perform percutaneous liver biopsies on adults and children and offer dedicated pathology reporting in coordination with our network liver pathologists in India. Slides of liver biopsy done elsewhere can also be sent to us for a second opinion.
- Metabolic and Genetic Testing for Liver Diseases: Through our partners in India and Europe, we offer a complete range of advanced testing for liver diseases. This also includes genomic testing with whole exome and whole genome sequencing. For paediatric patients, a complete range of metabolic testing is available. The genetic and metabolic tests are extremely important for the detailed evaluation of liver disease where the exact cause is not known with routine testing. Visit Aster Hospital for Fatty Liver Disease Treatment in Dubai.
Patients suffering from the following conditions can seek opinion from our experts from the Aster Integrated Liver Care Program at Aster Hospitals in Dubai.
- Chronic hepatitis
- Cirrhosis and portal hypertension
- Recurrent jaundice
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Hepatitis B and C
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Fatty liver treatment
- Pregnant ladies with liver disease
- Liver, pancreatic and bile duct cancers
- Patients considering liver transplantation
- Pancreatic diseases – pancreatitis, pancreas cancer, neuroendocrine tumours
- New borns, infants and children with jaundice and liver disease
- Post liver transplant patients for regular follow-up
Why choose Aster Hospitals?
A fast growing chain of hospitals, Aster Hospitals is a name rooted in trust and is an advanced healthcare chain in multiple spheres. Never content to rest on its laurels, Aster is constantly seeking opportunities to set new yardsticks with advanced developments. With many more innovative and ambitious initiatives, we, at Aster have radically catalysed the healthcare revolution across the Middle East, India and the Far East. With one of the world's all-inclusive, Integrated Liver Care services, Aster is a symbol of distinction when it comes to quality healthcare and reliable diagnostics.